Friday 15 January 2016

Right Now | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Beauties,
 It's my turn to take the reins of the Flutterby blog and share my very first Design Team Creation.  
I'm so freaking excited to be apart of this team and can't wait to show you what I can do with these beautiful products Neet has created.

This layout I created using a photo I have had printed for over a year and sitting in a pile on my desk but I just couldn't decide what to do with it.  It was taken on my Husbands birthday when we were still a family of four.  The photo is a little bit of a fun one with everyone singing 'Happy Birthday', so when I received my 'Everyday Etc' cards 'daily record' set, I knew what I wanted to do.


I took the card with the drawings on it and used it a matte stack behind my photo.  I cut it into random sizes and stacked them behind the photo.  I love the drawings they are just so funky.



To make the layout mine, I used a bit of mixed media Colour Blast paste through a diamond stencil from my stash to add a bit of colour to the background.  Then I added my signature texture - gyprock tape and thread.



To tie in a bit of birthday, I used some paper straws cut in half. I cut them in half to prevent bulk to the page.  Finally my title is some wood veneer that I half inked and applied some Colour Blast embossing powder.  The trick here is to apply two layers - it makes the colour pop more.



The final touch is the #happy flair.  I LOVE FLAIR! oh and a page tab and enamel dots.

And that all from me today - I will be back towards the end of the month with a little something else I have been working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment