Friday 12 August 2016

Partners in Crime | Sue Plumb

Hi Flutterby peeps!
I hope this find you all well! Today I am sharing a layout using pieces from one of my favourite Flutterby releases to date - 'Partners in Crime', and a photo of two of my best friends and I. This one was snapped last year at my 40th birthday party and as you can see, we really have no boundaries when we get together.


I started this layout by creating a custom background using the Flutter Colour Paints. (I love how perfectly every shade coordinates with the Flutterby goodies!) I simply used an old credit card to swipe some paints around my page (drying between each colour) and then drizzled the pink colour over the top.
You can also see where I used a couple of page tabs tucked in behind my photo.


This collection was made for my friends and I! We often talk about our "shenanigans", so as soon I saw this quote on one of the Everyday Etc cards, I knew it had to be a feature of this layout.


For my title, I used the Partners in Crime wood veneer piece, which I coloured black with a Posca pen. I also added the cute "together" flair button (from set 389) onto the corner of my photo, and nested it on some cotton thread. 


To finish off my layout, I added some of the Confetti Circles wood veneer pieces to add some subtle dimension to my background. (I also coloured them black to coordinate with my title piece). I then splattered a bit of black mist and some stamping.


I love how easily this layout came together. (I also love that there are so many cards in the "Partners in Crime" card set to help me get through my pile of inappropriate photos with my friends! haha)

I will be back in a couple of weeks to share another of my Flutterby creations with you. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment