Thursday 8 September 2016

Home is where the Heart is | Krisy Podolak

Hi Flutterby Lovelies, Today I am taking a break from the "No Excuses" Range and am sharing a layout I created using the "Happy Together" Collection This layout came about by accident, not planned in any way it just happened and turned out pretty good.


 For the background I have used a triangle of paper from the Cocoa Vanilla Range "Totally Rad".  The colours worked so well with the light blue Flutter Colour paint.  So, I used the "smooching" technique and added some colour to the background. Once it was dry, I added some modelling paste through the I {heart} stencil.  This give a nice detail.  I also added a bit of dark blue in the same smooching technique and used up any extra paint my flicking it on to the page.


The photo is a selfie of my little family at Easter time.  The photo is not straight so I used this as a focal point and it also ties in the diagonal line of the triangle background piece of paper.  Behind that I have used one of the book pages from the "Wild Bohemian" Everyday Etc cards and tore it into strips and used it as a matte.  I didn't want it to be a focal point hence the strips rather than a solid matte.  Over the top of the matte, I added a cambridge paper lace doily to soften the background a bit.  Then I fussy cut another Everyday Etc card from the "Happy Together" Range to use as my title.  I used some of the small word Snippets to add around the page as this is bang on trend at the moment and finished it off with a Charms Creations blue chevron and a Flutterby Designs Flair button.

I also used some gold chevron stickers to help draw the eye in and for a little bit of bling amongst all the blue.

For even more detail, I added some heart stickers in the light blue and some pink and blue enamel dots.  To tie in the dark lines around the title, I doodled around the enamel dots, heart stickers and snippets. For a bit of "Neet" detail, I faux stitched around the border with my black marker and around the triangle of paper on the background.

And that's it.  The hardest part of this layout was fussy cutting the title.  I don't know how all you fussy cutters enjoy that process.  I think it's a bit of an old school technique that is making a comeback...What do you think?  I think it takes a lot of patience and of that I have not much but it does look fantastic.  I think I am going to try and incorporate it a little more into my layouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment