Thursday 20 October 2016

Friends are like Stars | Krisy Podolak

Hi Lovelies, It's Krisy and I am here with my first share this month.  Today is it a layout of me and the "Boss Lady" here at Flutterby Designs.  I met Anita in real life earlier this year at the Brisbane Scrapbooking Expo.  We were lucky enough to do Fiona Paltridge's class and had a great time. (That's Fiona in the background - who knows what she is doing?!?) This is one of the many photos we took.

I wanted to use this Friends quote from the Everyday Etc Cards " Partners in Crime" Range, so I used it as my base for inspiration.  I also wanted to use this pink frame so that was my colour scheme decided. Plus it just happened to work with the Flair Button I wanted to use.  Fancy that a range matching and working together.  I used mango orange and pink Gelatos to "smooch" the base of my background.

Then once it was dry, I used my Flutterby Stargazed stencil to trace on some stars.  I then stamped onto the background with a VivaLasVegastamp and some black Stayzon Ink. Oh and at this point I also added a bit of black ink splatter.  I then added all my layers.  I started with my stencil and added things around that.  Behind the photo I added some pink and white paper straws for something a little different and because I wanted to added a softer pink to tie in the pink on the flair button.

To make the flair button a bit more of a feature I set it on top of this yellow and hessian Charms Creations Heart.  I think it finishes the layout nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment