Sunday 15 January 2017

Be Awesome Today!


Helloooo Arty peeps!!!

Skai here with my first ever blog post as a Flutterby Designs girl.... Ekkkk, you have no idea how long I've been counting this day down.

I've got for you today a layout I made the day the awesome Boss Lady Anita announced the 2017 design team. So for me to keep a layout on the down low for a whole month nearly killed me...lol... I'm a maker and same day sharer. 

This pretty much encapsulates my 'thing' that makes my style mine. Lots of layers, messy splatters, dark overtones and machine stitching! I use my trusty Janome on everything. 

I'm a self confessed over sharer, and document all the good, bad and ugly parts of my life. I'm looking forward to sharing my art with you and would love your feedback, good and bad (I promise I can take it) and for you to join us in using these amazing products Anita has designed for us all. 


My layout began on a base of Marshmallow heavy weight card stock. I started off using the Random Blatherings stencil and using a sponge inked it using some Distress inks. 
Next I've watered down some of the Flutterby Colour Paintin the blues and using a pipette have just dumped a whole heap onto the page and using s straw have blown it out in different directions. This is one of my fave techniques at the moment to get that real messy, splattered effect.

Next I've use the paint straight out of the bottle and added a layer of thick splatters. Give this all some drying time and get working on your layers. 



Ive used a bunch of random papers from the Wild Bohemian Everyday Etc Cards and Wild Bohemian - Filler cards and inked around the edges with black Stazon. To add more texture Ive also machine stitched up and down the page and around the 'Be Awesome Today' today circle.



To finish it off I've added some Blackboard Sticky Quotes and inked the edges with more black Stazon to give it a real dark, grungy feel.

I hope you like my first share with you all... I promise ive got some awesome, messy, textural and REAL life layouts coming to inspire you in the coming weeks.


Cheers - Skai




No comments:

Post a Comment