Wednesday 29 March 2017

P.S. I Love You | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue here today to share another of my Flutterby creations with you. Today I have a 12x12 layout I created recently using the 'Mad About You' collection. It features a selfie I took of one of my boys laying some love on me, and is a bit tongue in cheek about how I often feel about my kids.


The colour palette for this page was largely decided by the quote on the Everyday Etc card that I wanted to include. I chose to compliment the pink with simple neutral tones and converted my photo to black and white to suit.


I started by brushing some soft pink paint across my cardstock background (I used a Colour Blast Colour Spray in Bubblegum, which I simply tipped into a cup and diluted with water until I achieved the desired shade). Once the paint was dry, I used the cross stencil from the mini stencil set and a lead pencil to add some subtle "kisses" to my background.


My next step was to add a mat for my photo to sit on, so I used one of the 'Mad About You' Everyday Etc filler cards. I also tucked a frame from the coordinating Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack underneath my photo and popped one of the Tiny Sticky Quotes onto it. On top of my photo I added some messy cotton thread and one of the flair buttons from the 'Mad About You' set #1.


I love using a mix of elements to create long sentences on my layouts, and this one was no exception. I used a combination of both tiny and regular Sticky Quotes; a die cut word; wood veneer 'Ampersand' (which I painted black); and some Everyday Etc cards.


To tie the page together, I added some wood veneer mini hearts (also painted black) and some die cut hearts (repeating an element is a simple way of bringing uniformity to a page). I also added some black mist splatters and stamped the P.S. I love you quote around my page to reinforce my title.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you, I hope I have inspired you to try something similar yourself. Don't forget if you are inspired by something the design team creates, that we LOVE to see it! Pop over and join in our Flutterby Inspiration HQ group on Facebook and show us what you've been doing.
Til next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment