Monday 3 July 2017

Love This | Sue Plumb

Hi there Flutterby peeps! I am so excited to be here to share my latest design team project with you using the brand new 'Flawsome' collection. Today is the day! This collection is being released into the Flutterby store TONIGHT, and boy, are you going to want to get your hands on this one!! This collection is all about embracing your personal flaws and knowing you are awesome regardless.

For my layout I decided to go with a double dose of awesome, and scrapped a photo of me with one of my scrap buddies (Amanda Hartmann) taken at a retreat last year.


The colours and designs of this collection are so cool - some of the cards even contain images of our very own boss lady's mixed media art journal pages! I wanted to run with that theme, so I started my layout by creating my own mixed media background.


To start, I brushed my cardstock with some black gesso using a wide brush. I then repeated the process using Grape Soda and Aquamarine Dream Flutter Colour paints. Next, I added some Colour Blast 'Envy' Colour Paste using one of the new Flutterby stencils; then I drizzled some Arctic White Flutter Colour paint over the top.


Once my background was completely dry, I started creating a layered mat for my photo using some of the Everyday Etc filler cards. I used some of the art journal page cards (because they look freakin' amazing!) and I was totally crushing on the colours and the textured look they had. I also added the you're fucking awesome tab which I fussy cut from one of the 'Flawsome' Everyday Etc cards.


I used the love this art journal card from the Everyday Etc card pack as my title card, as it was perfect for the crazy, scrappy theme of my page. I also added some torn pieces of filler card to the diagonally opposite corners of my page to help balance the overall design.


I added the absofuckinlutely flair button on top of my title card, to further reinforce my theme (and let's face it, it's because I do absofuckinlutely DO love this!) I think I need at least twenty more of these flairs!!


Next, I added some messy black cotton under the edges of my photo; then the die cut diamond from the new Bits and Bobs pack on top of it; and a couple of white Sticky Quotes directly onto my photo.
To finish off, I added some Rainbow Heart stickers randomly around my page, along with a few stamped phrases and some mist splatters. Then I added my journaling and I was done.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Don't forget that release night for the 'Flawsome' collection is TONIGHT and you WILL want this collection! (I recommend you get in early to avoid disappointment.) Head to the store HERE at 8pm to snap it up!
Til next time, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment