Friday 22 December 2017

Shine Brightly | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Peeps,

I'm back to share my final layout for 2017 - hasn't this year just flown by?! We have had some massive accomplishments this year, including building and moving into our first home, and our eldest daughter finishing primary school! With all this going on, it's been important for us to remember to take some time out and spend it enjoying our kids. That's what this layout is about, and it's certainly easy to document these moments with the fabulous 'We Run The World' collection!! 


I started this page with some very old (unbranded) paper I had in my stash that looked like an old wooden door, it was very grey so I spread a light layer of gesso across the page to brighten it up and give it a bit of a whitewashed effect. I then watered down some Dylusions paint in Rose Quartz and Cherry Pie (they are a great colour match for the pinks in the WRTW collection) and some Flutter Colour Paint in Grape Soda, and applied this using the package technique and lots of water. 

I started my layers by tearing strips from the beautiful watercolour floral card that is included in both the Everyday Etc Filler and Photo Card packs, and laid them in a 'T' shape across the page. I matted the photo on some black paper from my stash, and another Everyday Etc Filler Photo Card. To create my title, I fussy cut "Shine Brightly" from an Everyday Etc Photo Card. I popped both the photo and the "Shine" up with some foam adhesive and glued "Brightly" down the left of the photo.

To create the cluster to the right of my photo I cut a tag shape from one of the Filler Cards, and then cut out two of the frames from the WRTW collection. I tucked some off cuts form the "Shine Brightly" card underneath to carry this across the page, and used some of the Die Cut Bits and Bobs as well as flair button to finish it off. I love the layers in this cluster!!


 I finished off the page by tucking some black thread on either side of the photo (when will I learn to do this earlier in my process?!?) and splattered some black ink around the page.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout. I hope you have a happy, safe and fun festive season with your family and friends, and I look forward to seeing you in the new year!

Big Loves,
Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment