Wednesday 7 February 2018

Happy Unicorn | Tamara Buckler

Hey Hey Flutterby Friends,

Can you believe February is here already and all the kiddos are back at school?!? It's certainly been a busy couple of weeks at our place, so when I sat down to create this page, I really just wanted to get a bit crazy with colour, texture and lots of embellishments.  Luckily my little miss is a bit cray cray, so she gives me good material for when I want to get messy!



I started this page with a sheet of 12 x 12 white cardstock (which ends up as 8.5 x 11.5), and started by running some texture paste through the Little Big Love Stencil. I wanted to work with the colours on the ice cream box,  so I watered down some Flutter Colour Paint in Grape Soda, Raspberry Punch, and Green Limousine and added it to the page using the packaging technique. I also used a watercolour crayon to add in the deeper blue.


I then fussy cut my pics and mounted one of them with foam to provide a little bit of separation from the background. I selected from the 'We run the World' Filler Cards a number of cards that had a watercolour or whimsical feel about them, and that fitted with my colour scheme, and cut them into strips to run behind the photos. I also slotted in the "Best Day Ever" Fussy Cut that I backed with the same papers, and I tucked in a frame from the 'We Run the World' Photo Cut Outs.


I used a Die Cut from the 'Flawsome' collection and I fussy cut the word "unicorn" from an Everyday Etc to create the title. I have to say I was stoked to see the word "unicorn" pop up because someone in my house is a little obsessed, hence the crazy face about the Unicorn Gaytimes :)


To finish off the layout I added in a heap of die cuts, flair buttons, and wood veneer pieces from a variety of ranges, as well as some white tiny sticky quotes.

The final layout is a little bit chaotic, but I think its a bit fun, and suits the crazy we've got going on. Sometimes you've just got to let that shine, right?!? Plus I hope its made you smile!

Big Loves,
Tam xo





No comments:

Post a Comment