Wednesday 2 May 2018

Beautiful Girl | Sue Plumb


Hi Flutterby peeps!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have a mixed media scrapbook layout to share that was created using a combination of the recently released 'Good Vibes Only' collection, along with the 'We Run the World' collection. 
(Who would have thought that those two collections would play so nicely together?)


To create this layout I started with some white cardstock and used my favourite 'Bubble O'Fun' stencil to add some texture paste to a few areas around my page. I then took some 'Aquamarine Dream' Flutter Colour paint and watered it down before applying it over the top of the texture paste; as well as adding a few small splatters to my background. Once dry, I went back and repeated the process using 'Cotton Candy Pink' Flutter Colour paint. I also added a few splatters of Colour Blast 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink for some darker contrast.


Whilst the background was drying, I gathered together some Everyday Etc filler cards from both the 'Good Vibes Only' and 'We Run the World' collections that I thought would coordinate well together; then began cutting and layering them to form a mat for my photo. Once I had the layers in place I also added some frayed gauze before adding my photo on top.
At this point I decided that my background needed a little extra colour, so I added some highlights using a Colour Blast 'Lovely Lilac' Colour Shimmer Cube.


Once I had my photo in place it was time to start adding some embellishments. I cut the the world is yours piece from one of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc cards and I layered it on top of a flower that was fussy cut from one of my last remaining scraps of the gorgeous 'Frida' 12x12" patterned paper. (The 'We Run the World' paper packs are currently on sale in the store HERE)


For my title, the beautiful word came from the 'We Run the World' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack and the girl was from the coordinating Wood Veneer Bits set. To colour it, I added coat of gesso, then used Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube watercolours applied with a small brush.


Around my page I used a few other pieces from the 'We Run the World' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack - extra flowers, and the make your dreams happen piece that I placed below my photo and popped it up on some foam tape.
To the right of my photo I added the cute little flamingo sticker from the 'Good Vibes Only' Sticky Quotes sheet, and I also stuck a flower from the same sheet directly onto my daughter's hair in the photo.


I used some of the negative space on my photo to add some tiny sticky quotes as well as the become a mermaid quote pieces from the 'Good Vibes Only' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack.
To finish off my page I added a few pink enamel dots and a few hearts from the rainbow heart stickers pack.


Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you.
Don't forget the brand new 'Happily Ever After' collection is being released 8pm Monday 7th May. (Trust me when I say you are going to love this one - so make sure you don't miss out!)


Until next time, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment